Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Few Bookish Links For Your Morning.

Here is some breathtaking book art that is surreptitiously popping up in various libraries in Scotland.  I cannot imagine having the patience to painstakingly create the magical works of art, although I admire the artist for giving them away, and his/her love of the written word.

Here are 5 Books from 2001 that stick with you.  As the year winds down, there are many best of lists floating around the Internet, and what are the best books, if not those that leave an indelible mark on your soul?  We haven't read any of these yet, have you?

According to this article, via GalleyCat, over 3 billion words were written during NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) in November.  Be honest, did you try to write a book this year?  How did it turn out?

And the works of William Faulkner are coming to HBO.  I admit that As I Lay Dying, is one of my favorite books, but I'm not sure how stream of consciousness will translate into TV.  Faulkner's books are sometimes best understood by reading them aloud.  Has anyone tried to tackle Faulkner?  I will admit to multiple failed attempts at The Sound and the Fury.  How do you think Faulkner will adapt to TV?

That's all for now, please leave any responses in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment